Thursday, September 30, 2010

The sound of rain

It is currently thundering, lightning, and raining= ♥

I have missed the thunderstorms so much since we left Missouri. The lights are flickering and Ty is running around wondering what is going on. HAHA. So...I just ordered a whole bunch of movies through the Disney Movie Club...still not sure if it was a good deal or not. okay, okay I'm pretty sure it was. If I got all the movie I wanted at the store compared to online/with discounts I would have spend close to $200 but I have saved $85 so that's pretty good. I'm good with it. :)
Plus we really needed to invest in some Disney movies I can't tell you how tired I am of Cars, Lilo & Stitch, and Chicken Little. ugh. So we got Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Alice in Wonderland(the disney one) A Bugs Life, Robin Hood, Mulan, Pocahontas, Beauty & the Beast, and Fox and the Hound. I am really excited! These movies are all classics and I'm a huge Disney fan! We'll probably order more once Jake leaves for deployment. We've been on this Dave Ramsey Budget going on 2 months now I guess. I am actually really excited to get with it! I have been budgeting and using cash so we don't just 'put' things on our debit/credit card. This is what it looks like in case anyone is wondering.

Paycheck 1st:
groceries-$200 cash
gas-$100 cash
blow $ for Jake/I-$100
savings1-$50 (this is for just our savings acct)
savings2-$50 (this is for Ty & Storie's college fund)
truck loan-$85
internet-$20

Paycheck 15th:
groceries-$200 cash
gas-$100 cash
blow $ for Jake/I-$100
sav1-$50
sav2-$50
truck loan-$85
cells-$160
insurance-$160

and than what we have left over gets 'snowballed' into the credit card so we can have it paid off by the time Jake leaves for deployment. Not much left on there!!!
and than once he leaves all we'll have is the rest of the truck loan and than we will be DEBT FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hallelujah! hallelujah!

once he is gone we will be saving, saving, saving!
We need to get our full funded emergency fund set up(3-6months of living expenses if something were to happen) than once we have that in place we will start our house fund. Just putting $ in a savings account to place towards our future house someday...soon, hopefully. Than I will also start our 'sinking funds' which would be car repairs, house maintenance, tax times, gifts, medical, Christmas, etc

I am really really excited about knowing where our money is going and saving as much as we can so we don't have to live in debt like everyone we know! I hate living paycheck to paycheck so we are going to stay on board with Mr. DR if you would have any interest check him out!

www.daveramsey.com

1 comment:

Squirrel said...

Oh my gosh Erica that is so wonderful. When we first got married I drug Aaron to DRs Financial Peace University Classes and we've been doing it for most of the last year. It's really nice to know what's going on with your money.