A Thank You will never be enough for all the veterans that have served, that have given their time, their families, their lives. Today we remember all the veterans that have served this great country. That have fought for our freedom in strange lands. That have left on 6+ month long deployments, leaving their families and friends behind. That have stayed up day after day watching over everything to enable our safety. That have come back home to unsupportive americans. We Thank You.
Thank You to the soldiers, marines, sailors, and airforce that have given the ultimate sacrifice, their lives. You will never be forgotten. Thank you to the families that have lost loved ones who willingly gave their lives so that others may live. There are so many families out there who have to carry on day to day with their lives after losing a husband(wife), a father(mother), a brother(sister), a son(daughter) that we overlook every day. These families are struggling to get by and just carry on.
When I sit and think about it I just cry. These children who have lost their dads or moms go to school, go to soccer games, baseball games without the love of that parent. Their parent gave their life up for our country and our freedom.
Gave their lives up for their children, for people they don't even know.
What a selfless act. This is what the men and women of the armed forces do everyday for this country and the people in it.
Now I'm going to talk about an aspect of my life that I don't talk about as much.
I am a navy wife.
My husband is serving onboard the USS Howard.
We have moved two times.
We have survived two long deployments.
I have raised my children alone for months at a time.
I wouldn't have it any other way.
I love my husband and I am so proud and so grateful that he gets up in the morning and does what he does. He is a great father and a great sailor.
People ask me all the time "How do you do it?" "Why do you do it?"
How: I just do. I am the mother and the wife, it is my job to carry on the household in my husbands absence. It's not easy and it is very lonely.
Why:
This is the why. Nothing ever comes close to how you feel after seeing your husband after 6 long months. It's like falling in love all over again.








1 comment:
Awe Erica, this has me bawling! I feel this exact way - there is absolutely NOTHING like HOMECOMING <3 What a privilege it is to be in love with a Sailor! :) My heart is SO proud of not only him, but ALL service members past & present! :)
Post a Comment